List of active policies
|Historic England Training Platform Privacy Notice
|Terms & Conditions
Please read this notice to give you an understanding of how and why we use your personal information when you use the Historic England Training Platform.
Historic England Training Platform Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to Historic England’s Training Platform website accessible at: https://training.historicengland.org.uk/ (‘platform’). In this Privacy Notice, whenever you see the words ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ it refers to Historic England and The Historic England Foundation. You can find more information about us here.
The information we process
Information provided by you: This is personal information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us. You may give it to us by filling out a form on our platform or when corresponding with us.
· Personal identification and contact information: name and email address.
· Employment information: name of your employer, your employment type, job role, job type and the region where you work.
· Views and opinions: information you provide about your current knowledge and understanding and feedback you provide following course completion.
· Other information: information you provide when providing feedback or reporting a problem within our platform.
Information we collect or create: We will automatically collect information from you each time you visit our platform.
· Moodle Log Data: We use the Moodle platform to deliver e-learning and share expertise in managing our Heritage. As part of its operation, Moodle logs user activity including your user ID, course ID, time Stamp of activity, action type and the Moodle object that action was taken on.
· Technical data: your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data.
· Usage statistics: information about your interactions with the platform, including content accessed, time spent on pages, features used and your search queries.
How we use your information
Provision of Learning Content
· To create and administer your learning account.
· To allow you to browse our course library, access course content and pick up where you left off. Once you have enrolled on a course, we will record your progress through a course including lessons viewed, activities completed, and scoring of quizzes where applicable.
· To allow you to view the courses you have completed, download completion certificates and access past course materials.
· To benchmark your knowledge before completing a course and evaluating your learning after course completion. This will allow you to reflect on your learning and allow us to evaluate whether there was an improvement in confidence and understanding across learners participating in the course, as well as whether the course attracted the target audience and identify improvements that can be made to meet learners needs.
· To notify you of changes to our service or your account.
· To respond to your requests for assistance including password resets and general troubleshooting.
· To remind you about courses you have enrolled on but have not completed.
· We may email you with information about upcoming courses that we feel may interest you and enhance your interaction with our platform.
· To monitor activity within a course with the aim of understanding whether it meets learners needs.
· To evaluate the effectiveness of courses through review of course sign-ups and completion rates and whether we have reached our target audience.
· To evaluate impact our courses have had on sector specific challenges.
Whilst we will process your personal data when analysing learner interactions with our courses, any reporting we produce will be anonymised and shall comprise of aggregated statistical information.
How long we keep your information
Generally, we will keep your personal data for the duration of our relationship with you. At the end of each financial year, we will conduct a review of all learner accounts and contact you if you have not accessed your account in the previous 12 months. You can then elect to retain your account, or have it deleted.
Sharing your personal data
We use Moodle to deliver the Historic England Training Platform. The Moodle instance used by Historic England is managed by us and maintained by our trusted supplier Titus Learning in the UK. The personal data we process via the platform is stored on AWS servers in the UK.
Moodle is an open source project, for more information please visit: https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/About_Moodle.
Keeping your information secure
We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process. You can find more information about our security practices here.
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights. Information about your rights can be found here.
If you need to update information supplied when signing up to the platform, you can do so by accessing your profile via your account.
Changes to this policy
We will amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to ensure it remains up to date and accurately reflects how and why we use your personal data. The current version of this Privacy Notice will always be on this platform.
Last Updated: 21 April 2023
Terms and Conditions for Use of the Historic England Learning Platform
Historic England Sector Learning Platform Terms & Conditions
For general enquiries please contact the Historic England Customer Services department.
If you experience problems with the Learning Platform or have comments, please contact the Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Learning Platform is provided by Historic England on an "as is" basis. No warranties or representations of any kind expressed or implied are given (and if any such warranties and representations arise by operation of law or otherwise they are hereby disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law) in connection with this site or its content including the completeness or accuracy of any of its contents.
Historic England, its commissioners, employees, officers and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damages or expenses of any kind including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property or claims by third parties howsoever arising (save for death or injury caused by Historic England's negligence or that of its commissioners, employees, officers and agents) in connection with the copying or use of any information or training material contained in or referred to on the Learning Platform or otherwise from the use of the Learning Platform.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of course content, including any downloadable material (together the “Course Content”) at the time of publication, Historic England makes no warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind that the Course Content is accurate, complete, up to date or fit for any particular purpose and Historic England expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Course Content is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely, and you should take professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the Course Content.
Historic England gives no warranty with regard to the quality of the Learning Platform or that the use of the Learning Platform will be uninterrupted, error-free or risk-free including from cybersecurity attack and Historic England excludes, to the fullest extent permissible by law, all warranties, conditions, representations or terms, whether express or implied by common law, statute or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any regarding the compatibility, fitness for purpose, performance, satisfactory quality, or use of the Learning Platform.
Your use of the Learning Platform, Course Content and any other information or materials on the Learning Platform is entirely at your own risk. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any Course Content or other information available through the Learning Platform meets your specific requirements.
Historic England shall not be in breach of these Terms and Conditions nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
The Terms & Conditions apply to all users who create an account on the Learning Platform for the purposes of participating in, developing, delivering, administering or supporting online learning experiences.
Licence to use the Learning Platform
Subject to compliance with the Terms and Conditions, Historic England grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the Learning Platform.
· access the courses on the Learning Platform using a web browser;
· download any materials you are expressly invited to download as part of a course, store and view them on your computer, and print copies of them, providing that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
· use the Learning Platform for your own personal learning and development purposes;
· if you are a heritage organisation, use the Learning Platform as part of your organisation’s internal learning and development purposes; and
· use the Learning Platform and the Course Content for educational purposes.
You must not, or allow any third party to:
· edit, modify, adapt or alter any material on the Learning Platform, including Course Content;
· reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any material on the Learning Platform, including Course Content;
· publish, republish, sell, license, sub-license, rent, transfer, broadcast, distribute or redistribute any material on the Learning Platform, including Course Content;
· authorise any third party to access or use the Learning Platform or Course Content without Historic England’s prior agreement;
· show any material from the Learning Platform, including Course Content, in public, unless for educational purposes;
· use any material or any part of any material on the Learning Platform, including Course Content, in any way that is unlawful or in breach of any person's legal rights under any applicable law, or in any way that is offensive, indecent, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
· use any material on the Learning Platform, including Course Content, to compete with Historic England, whether directly or indirectly; or
· use any material or any part of any material on the Learning Platform, including Course Content, for a commercial purpose.
Misuse of the Learning Platform
You must not use the Learning Platform in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the Learning Platform or impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility, integrity or security of the Learning Platform or in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity, or do anything that interferes with the normal use of the Learning Platform.
You may not create a link to the Learning Platform from another website or document without Historic England’s prior written consent.
Unauthorised use of the Learning Platform may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Learning Platform please let Historic England know by sending an appropriately worded email to content.objection@HistoricEngland.org.uk and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
Copyright, Intellectual Property & Third Party
Historic England and the Historic England logo are trademarks of Historic England and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of Historic England. Other organisation and company names referred to on the Learning Platform may be the trademarks of their respective owners as indicated.
All content, designs, text, graphics, and source codes on this platform are the copyright and intellectual property of Historic England and/or its content providers.
All trademarks, copyright and intellectual property reproduced in this Learning Platform, which are not the property of, or licensed to Historic England, are acknowledged on the platform.
The Course Content may include links to other websites or details of external sources of further information or assistance provided by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience for further information and learning. They do not signify that we endorse, recommend or approve the websites, information or third parties. We have no control over, and accept no responsibility for, the contents of the linked websites or resources.
Copying and Reproducing
The content of the Learning Platform, including the Course Content and other training materials are owned by Historic England and/or third parties. You cannot copy, use or reproduce any content or part thereof from the Learning Platform without Historic England’s prior consent except where extracts of training materials are made available for download or print for personal and non-commercial use.
You must not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any Course Content from the Learning Platform; nor publish, republish, sell, license, sub-license, transfer and/or broadcast any Course Content from the Learning Platform.
You must not distribute or redistribute any Course Content from the Learning Platform unless for educational purposes or for heritage organisation’s internal learning and development purposes.
For Course Content that is downloadable for personal use you must retain, and must not delete, obscure or remove, any and all copyright notices and other proprietary notices.
Registration, Security & Personal Data
On the Learning Platform Historic England will require you to register an account and provide certain information about yourself. Where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data through your Learning Platform profile to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
The registration processes on the Learning Platform will involve you creating a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your account and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such failure. You agree to (a) notify Historic England immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or account and/or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to train@HistoricEngland.org.uk, and (b) ensure that you exit from your Learning Platform account at the end of each session. Historic England cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
When you register an account and enrol on a course, the Learning Platform will record your progress on the course including lessons viewed, activities completed and scores for assessments you complete.
If you stop using the Learning Platform for more than 12 months, your account may be deleted and Historic England assumes no responsibility for content deleted following inactivity.
If you wish to delete your account, you may contact us at data.protection@HistoricEngland.org.uk. We will delete your specified accounts within a reasonable time.
Withdrawal of Services
Learning products are always evolving and the form, nature, and/or functionality of the Learning Platform and the Course Content may change from time to time. Historic England reserves the right to suspend, withdraw, change and/or discontinue the Learning Platform or any content contained on the Learning Platform for business and/or operational reasons at any time and without warning. Historic England will endeavour to advise users in advance of any withdrawal, whether such withdrawal is temporary or permanent.
Historic England reserves the right to discontinue or alter any or all of the Course Content or other services on the Learning Platform, and to stop publishing the Learning Platform, at any time in Historic England’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
If in Historic England’s reasonable opinion you fail to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, Historic England reserves the right to suspend, withdraw and/or restrict your access to the Learning Platform.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Historic England reserves the right to change or amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
Historic England Learning Platform Cookies Policy
Historic England Learning Platform Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as maintaining a logged in session. We do not need to ask permission to use them.
You must allow this cookie into your browser to provide continuity and maintain your login from page to page.
When you log out or close the browser this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).
These are cookies that allow our learning platform to remember choices you make and to provide enhanced, more personal features.
It remembers your username within the browser. This means when you return to this site the username field on the login page will be already filled out for you.
It is safe to refuse this cookie - you will just have to retype your username every time you log in.
Other types of cookies
We do not use
Third-party cookies (which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting).
Analytics cookies (which recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around a website when using it).
Marketing cookies (which help website operators to improve the relevancy of advertising campaigns you receive).